Thursday, February 16, 2012

Antique Road...Show!

This weekend we decided to attend a monthly flea market in our area towards the end of the day. There are two basic strategies to flea marketing. If you show up early you get the best choice of merchandise but the vendors are less negotiable, knowing they will have more traffic and potential customers throughout the day or weekend.

Or, the second option is to show up late in the day on the last day. Less merchandise is available but vendors are usually highly negotiable. I usually choose the first option because I like a good selection of "stuff" and have high expectations of my charm and negotiating ability even early in the day! Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...but I take my chances!

However, this weekend I was tired and couldn't drag my myself out of bed to make an early start of it. Here are some of the interesting items still left in booths upon our arrival....I didn't buy most of these items but I decided to post what I would do with all of them...I wish I had more rooms in my house to fill!


This fireplace screen sprayed cream, white, gold, bronze or black could be amazing! Frankly it is great just as it is too... in the right space.

I wouldn't do anything with these but doesn't this picture just make you smile? The paintings behind the shoes were great too!

 These were tough to leave behind...but no room!

My son picked this out for his room! He is a tough negotiator too...

 Simply fab!

I really love architectural elements on tables, bookshelves...just about everywhere. This was overpriced and she just wasn't budging so I stayed firm and left it behind!

These were the find of the century for someone with my aesthetic. I would paint these chairs (all 8 of them!!) cream or soft dove grey and pick a wonderful fabric and the Swedish Gustavian-ness of these chairs would come alive. I wish I needed them!!!


If you had a great loft space or open room...take the plant off of this and it could be a great architectural element in the room..probably in a great corner!

More architectural elements for a table or bookshelf....

I love these iron works sprayed to match wall color for added wall architecture....

I just liked the historic value of this little sleigh so I wanted to photograph it. It could be great in the corner of a big loft or open space too.

These bins intrigued me and I thought they could be fun in an industrial mudroom....hats, mittens, gloves,etc... or how about a way to hold wrapping paper in a storage area? I would have to paint or line the rusty insides though.

What a simple little vignette...

I am SO ready for the Spring and Summer flea markets. I love a good treasure hunt!!  Are you?

1 comment:

  1. I was ready for spring before winter came. Ugh, the last month of winter is the hardest...so close!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...