Friday, February 17, 2012

Fun Finds...

Some days are just your days....the sun is shining.. and the shopping gods are with you!  The past few days have presented just those kinds of days...I am in a refreshing mode...since Winter seems to quickly turning into Spring this year (thank goodness) I am trying to freshen things up a bit...in my home...and in my wardrobe...in my choices of food and entertainment (more on that later).

  Here is a wonderful Parisian made necklace I found at the Style Shack...I love, love it! It is made of antiqued gold beads and crystals. It has a vintage vibe don't you think?
  I also found these great succulent faux plants at the Style Shack and added them to other elements I already had to freshen up my planter box in my dining room. I am not a big fan of faux plant life and always do "real" around my home but I thought these were worth making an exception for....

You can't beat the sales this time of year! I found this fabulous navy cape with a leather cinch belt at Saks Fifth Avenue...I will wear this out! Love a great cape!



                                                     (Merci': BeadedHope)

Here is a shopping lesson to be learned. I have admired these grey and earth tone zulu teething baby beads for a long time. They come from South Africa, hand made by the Zulu tribe, and have become very popular with the fashionable crowd there...so much so that they now are referred to as Musgrave Pearls... My friend who co-owns the Style Shack has them shipped in a couple of times per year and she sells them in her store.

Every time I go in the store as I shop for other things I say..."I need to get these". They are just perfect to layer with other jewelry and great for a Spring/Summer vibe. The other day I looked at them again but was short on time and had purchased other items and said..."I need to come back and pick the strands I want"... etc. etc.... essentially I wanted to do a little styling in the store before I purchased. I saw that they had about 12 or 14 strands of beads so I thought I was safe in waiting a bit.

Lovely Mademoiselle J. (who works in the shop) agreed saying, "No worries. They will be here. People won't be buying them until closer to Summer"...well to make a long story longer...can you believe a few hours later I checked in about something else in the store and I learned that a woman had come in a purchased all but the last 4 strands just after I left!!!

Let's just say I immediately had to grab the last four since the next shipment won't be until September.
This was a classic case of procrastination never pays and the early bird gets the worm or as I like to say when I am justifying a purchase...wait not want not...vs. the official version... waste not want not!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's a really chic navy cape, mine is more of a giant blankie.
    I don't really like fake plants either but I also think they are exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first necklace is beautiful!

    I always say, if I'm still thinking about something I've seen after I've left a store then I know I want it. Sometimes you do have to grab things when you see them though because you just never know if they'll still be there when you go back.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...