Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The One Room Challenge....Week Five!



Wow, it is already Wednesday this week and that means it is time for the second to last post in the One Room Challenge. This week was a busy week for me!! I was out of town for several days and when I returned I dove into decorating and attending a benefit this weekend.

So, what I focused on in my "spare" time was getting some of the final touches done in the room I am working on completing by next week. If you have been following my progression you will know that my pre-teen son and I are working on a redesign of his bedroom.

If you are interested in following my project from the beginning please click on Week One and then Week Two and Week Three and Week Four.


So, this week it was time to enlist the help of my friend and wonderful seamstress Mademoiselle S. She sewed the pillows for the room out of spare fabric and college t-shirts and sweatshirts that I'd collected that didn't fit anymore. I love a good repurpose!! I also love to design a sewing project but I don't have the patience or talent for the actual work so I am so thankful for talented friends! Here is a look inside her creative den....first she ironed the materials.

Then she carefully measured and cut the logo...


She began to piece the front together....

and did the same with another t-shirt....



Here's a sneak peek at a few of the pillows we have done so far...I see the start of a collection....



I thought I would share this recent great flea market find as well.... both my son and I thought it was a great score!! It is an oil painting with a truly fabulous frame...

I am so glad we are getting closer to the big reveal of our room in Week 6 (next week)!!
In the meantime if you want to see what my blogging buddies are up to as they work on their spaces please visit..... or if you are ready to move on to the final reveal click here!
Suzy at Saved By Suzy (girls room)
Jadyn at Dutch.British.Love ( dining room)
Nicole at Nicole Scott Designs (master bedroom)
Kim at Kim Macumber Interiors (living room
Jennifer at The Pink Pagoda (girls room)
Lisa at Trapped in North Jersey (dining room)
Kelly at Refreshed Designs (office)
Danylle at Nana Moon Shop (girls room)
Taylor at Taylor Morgan ( waiting to see)
Jen at Inside Ways (office
Linda at My Crafty Home Life (dining room)
Janet at House Four (dining room)
Sharon at (a life style thing) (master bedroom)
Tiffany at Living Savvy (master bedroom)

11 comments:

  1. Great idea about those pillows! What a score that painting was. The frame is so beautiful. I bet your son is super happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pillows are wonderful, so creative. Very Ralph Lauren!!! Can't wait to see the whole room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how she put together the pillows.
    I'm so impressed with the choices your son makes/agrees to! He has really good taste :) I can't wait to see the reveal for this room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pillows are super smart! I love repurposing! I am excited to see the full reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pillows turned out so nicely and that painting is great! It's rare to find a painting that you like in a frame that you like as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love a great flea market score!! Awesome frame indeed, it's got such a great masculine feel that works perfect with your scheme! Great upcycle of the sweatshirts!! He's such a lucky guy, my childhood rooms were never this exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a GREAT way to repurpose those sweatshirts! How fun! That ship painting is quite a score. The frame is perfect. Can't wait to see the finished room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible find the painting is!! And the pillows are so well done. Your son's room will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, nautical touches are such a timeless masculine look. He'll be able to keep that in his room for years! Heck, I'd put it in my room right now! I love the pillows too - hooray for repurposing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pillows look awesome and what a great find that oil painting is! Can't wait to see the big reveal next week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...