Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Windsor Smith

Los Angeles based designer Windsor Smith.

(Merci':HauteStyle.com) 

I am in love...truly...in a girl crush...wanna be me (but like her)...kinda way...with uber designer... Windsor Smith.

Can we begin with her name? Who couldn't be fabulous with a name like that?

Today I felt like putting a little collection together...a little "hit parade" of Windsor doing her thing! For more on Windsor Smith Home click here. I also found a fun short video with Windsor sharing her design "point of view"...click here.


    (Merci': InteriorDesignStyles.net)

This is one of my favorite foyers of all time...and of course it is in her Los Angeles home....


                    (Merci': HouseBeautiful)
                            

    (Merci':Flickr)


                                (Merci': LauraBurciaga.com)

This is a bookshelf that is so fresh and inviting...perfection!

    (Merci':InteriorDesignStyles.net)


    (Merci': AThoughtfulEye.Wordpress)

The lady can do drama too...

    (Merci': LittleBitsofLovely.blogspot.com)

                 (Merci': Lover3Moon.com)

    (Merci':TobiFairley.com)

One of my absolute favorite kitchens....hers as well...


Lovely...

                                           (Merci':EthnicHome.com)

She used vintage Indian fabrics to cover the yellow striped chair...

                                                          (Merci': HabituallyChic.Blogspot.com)

One of my favorite rooms...in her house...can you believe that sofa? But my real obsession is the coffee table....

   (Merci':ChinoiserieChic.Blogspot.com)

                    (Merci':RachelHazelton.Blogspot.com)


This is bedroom perfection in my opinion...her Master...(watch the video above for her thoughts on Master Bedrooms)...

                   (Merci':HouseBeautiful)

                   (Merci': SimplySeleta.com)

  
     (Merci': MarcusDesignInc.blogspot.com)


Here is what I love about WS...who would ever think to put a secretary next to a tub??...and it totally works! I completely love the simple classic aesthetic going on here....


            (Merci': PaigesofStyle.com)

                            (Merci': SpectacularSpaces.com)

   (Merci': DecoratingInsanity.com)


From her collection of home furnishings....

  (Merci':WaitingonMartha.com)

Here is window treatment "brilliance"...look at all the combinations here and how they work together!


                    (Merci': BrynAlexandra.Blogspot.com)

I love a skirted sink and I'm going to skirt my first floor half bath sink sometime soon....
I  have been meaning to do it for years and it is on my to-do list for this year!!

                   (Merci': NeverWithout.Blogspot.com)

            (Merci':MaterialGirls.Blogspot.com)

One day maybe Windsor will invite me in for a cocktail (or two) and a tour....until then a girl can dream!

(Merci':HouseBeautiful)

5 comments:

  1. OMG What a Home! I LOVE IT ALL. I can understand why you admire her work so highly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of her as well! That gorgeous foyer, that dramatic living room and the custom banquette seating, absolute love! She is such a versatile designer and can do any style with flair and pizzazz, which is totally my kind of designer!

    Good post, Emily!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I love her too. This came at the perfect time. I am thinking about navy blue for my family room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ... I have the same crush ... maybe she could invite several of us over! I love her traditional/eclectic vibe. Totally suits me ... ahhh ... I am dreaming with you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the "inspiration fix" this morning. Great collection of her work to inspire us all - I love her kitchens! Susan at Romancing the Home

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...