Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A few more tidbits from Toronto...


I loved this upscale shopping mecca of Toronto...filled with interesting shops and delicious eateries...if you ever visit take a leisurely stroll through the streets of Yorkville...bring your appetite and your bank card!

 Morocco was just fabulous....


Little vignettes like this lined the entryway to the cocoa salon....



The macaroon case...




Their outdoor seating area...


 I am just in love with this whole concept...


Teatro Verde...imagine an upscale Z Gallerie...with a floral department that takes the art of floral design to an entirely new level...so much so...no pictures allowed...strictly enforced...in the whole store...you must visit their store or website (sorry...I tried). Just a note...their website just doesn't deliver the "in person" aesthetic".



The garden elements ...just outside the store...


Sassafraz... the first stop on our first day in town...we needed a little sophisticated ambiance...and a respite from the rain....after a travel-filled morning...loved the indoor water wall...




and the glam seating...



after the BEST mojito I have ever had....the mini-vaca began in earnest....


the view from our window....


I like "noting" great plant-life and combinations wherever I am... this one was "tone on tone" perfection!



This was my favorite... in the fab  Hazelton Hotel lobby....



We LOVED the ambiance and fresh Italian cuisine at Trattoria Nervosa...




 How charming is this?





My traveling companions....



Fun store fronts...







I loved this little accessory on a simple black sheath dress... it made the dress so chic..so simply!



 I can never leave a town if there is a antique or flea market to explore during my stay...and Toronto was no exception to this fun rule. The St. Lawrence Market is open on Sundays and I hopped the subway with a few friends early Sunday morning to do a little treasure hunting!



These little glasses were too perfect to leave behind! $20 for 8 glasses! Score!!


The best finds were these trinkets...a  gold bracelet or necklace (it works both ways) and my new white bone ring! LOVE!



 
Toronto is a city with many corners to explore...I love a great walking city and Toronto really fits the bill!!I can't wait to go back!!


14 comments:

  1. ok - seriously that mojito looks AMAZING. and secondly, i LOVE that purple polish!! what IS it?!?!?! and of course, the arm candy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want one right now! :) Essie ...French Affair

      Delete
  2. Oh I love those glasses, Toronto is a great place, back in the olden days, when I was 12 to 27, it was the stop off for Scots heading to LA - such a friendly city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely friendly..the subway attendant was even nice! That sealed it!

      Delete
  3. The city looks amazing. The cafe's and the shopping ...oh I wish I could go.
    I am going to google Teatro Verde for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are ever there it is worth a trip to visit too! Amazing!

      Delete
  4. I can't decide which I like more...the mojito or the bracelet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I was there Sunday at the market with you! So glad you went! these pictures are amazing they make Toronto look a little bit like Paris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhona,

      We thought about texting you but we went early and figured you would want your Sunday to yourself...you were so nice to tour us around on Saturday! SO GREAT spending time with you!! You're a cool chick! Wish I had gotten a pic of you for the blog....:)

      Delete
  6. Wow you've been busy! So glad you're having a great trip. Great shots:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toronto seems like such an awesome city. I actually have distant relatives that live there. Hmm, I really need to reconnect with them;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do...it will be a fab destination!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...