Monday, July 4, 2016

Celebrating the 4th!


This is the first 4th of July where my husband and I are feeling what it will be like to be empty nesters...I remember the days with our children that revolved around our local parade...reserving seats roadside with blankets at the crack of dawn...kiddie excitement beyond measure with the prospect of thrown candy from passing floats and the huge city wide party in our local park...followed by an evening soiree at our house with friends and then a great firework display within walking distance of our house....





This year my son is away at camp and my daughter (a recent high school graduate) is amid rehearsals with her theatre company for next week's debut of a play she is directing....so my husband and I woke early to a rather cloudy day...putting our plans of floating in our friend's pool all day at bay...hmmm...


 We decided to venture away from our typical activities and visit a charming hamlet we frequent often...I decided I wanted to be a bit of a voyeur and take pictures of the scene...sometimes it is relaxing to not participate but to be a detached observer...just what I was in the mood for today...and this place is one of the most charming places I know...it puts me in a good mood every time I'm there...



We walked the parade route and I wanted to capture the colorful characters and the festive scene...old and young...funky and fashionable...the gamut....of red, white and blue fashion and decorations....







I love the quintessential beach town flavor of the place....here is my photo album from the day...

















































We left the parade route and walked down to the village's deserted beachfront...


I just love that we have access to all of these beautiful beaches in the North Shore communities....


I like this photograph...a visual metaphor for the future...the two of us...hand in hand...feet together...ready for the journey...next steps...etc. etc...


I hope you all are having exactly the kind of day you want...filled with fun and activities or a quiet day of relaxation...it's all good...luckily we have the FREEDOM to decide...which is the point of the holiday in the first place!



XO Emily







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...