Sunday, February 14, 2016

Thinking Pink...It's Valentine's Day!


I finally found the right statement vase for my dining room...it is so large it requires very long stemmed bouquet de fleurs... I see so many new arrangements to play with....



I am all about pretty pinkish plaids this Fall and Winter season and I found this vintage beauty and I just love it...



I have spread the "plaid love" around my maison....as you can see....



I also found this fabulous 1920's vintage plaid and knew immediately that I had to have it...I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it...so when I got home I played with some various thoughts and decided for now it would make a fun headboard....



I just securely fastened it in place over my existing wood headboard...so if I change my mind...(as you may know by now if you follow me regularly..IF really means WHEN)....I can easily swap it out for something else...


                                                                            Before...




After....



I took my favorite throw from the end of the bed and put it on the backside of my couch....



I also repainted over the monogram within the panel above the headboard...a little dated...I'm over it...



 I just love PINK...it is the perfect accent color...it makes me happy...especially with flowers, flowers, flowers... I can't get enough of pink flowers...all shades...all sizes...(and white flowers in pink vases)!












 This is absolutely my idea of the perfect bouquet in the perfect packaging for Valentine's Day...really I would be very appreciate of this lovely arrival any day of the week! Peonies are my favorite bloom!

(Merci': meghannhess_official instagram)


Little accents... here and there...also bring some pink panache to any space!



Pink also creeps into my closet too...I just treated myself to these Italian made earrings that should arrive any day from Milano....(Happy Valentine's Day to me...)



I also just found this fab leather satchel from an artist in Miami...it's so me...with just enough pink to make it mine...


Pink also makes it's way into the jewelry I design too...

Adding a little pink to a bookshelf can make it sing! You don't have to go overboard with the color...just a tad here and there can also do the trick!



Have a ball today! Think Pink! Happy Valentine's Day!


XO Emily

4 comments:

  1. I adore all that pink! And peonies are divine. Gorgeous styling as always! K

    ReplyDelete
  2. We happen to meet a great people there and started to chat with them and drink w/them too. I had a great time here, glad we found this place by accident. Will definitely come to these venues in Chicago again as anyone will make this a regular spot easily.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...