Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fluffing the Nest...Part One!

When the weather turns colder... my attention (like any Lady Bird worth her feathers) turns to my "inside nest".
 
  
All Summer long... I decorate and we live in our outdoor rooms...and sadly (sigh) as our time "living"outside is winding down again this year... my attention turns to inside spaces all over the house...
 
I found last year that I didn't find an easy fit for the Christmas tree with the furniture arrangement as it was in our living room and I was determined to solve "the problem" before early December this year! With the assistance of a couple of  friends who were "clever and game" (the best kind- frankly) I redesigned the space ahead of schedule...
 
 
 I didn't buy anything for the "redo"...just moved things from other spaces. I love the challenge of that kind of thing! What do you think?
 
 
 
BEFORE.....
 

AFTER...


BEFORE....



AFTER...

 
The white table before with it's legs....
 

and after...using the top (stored the legs)...I recently took the fireplace mantle in a little different direction as well...here is the  "before" ...


and the "after"...with the addition of a fabulous gold door knocker...



that I just had to have...and this spot just seemed perfect!




 
and the columns from the family room coffee table...


were great in order to make a new coffee table...



BEFORE


AFTER
 

BEFORE...



AFTER....


Now there is plenty of room for the Christmas tree behind the blue chairs (which will move closer to the coffee table when the tree arrives)!



The dining room also got a mini makeover....I was tired of the décor on my Asian altar table....

BEFORE...



  
and now AFTER...
 
 
In my next post I will show you what I did in our Family Room...as the fluffing continues...lol!XO Emily 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily, it's nice to see your rooms. I love how you styled your Asian console. Your home has the best natural light. I think your winter has been harder than ours. I'm looking forward to your spring decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely space Emily. I like your choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...