Thursday, May 2, 2013

Upstairs Deck Update...


This year my upstairs patio has undergone yet another restyle! For the longest time I have wanted a boxwood hedge with evergreen spheres layered in front... encased in a bright white planter box...


so this year I had a planter box built and voila...my wall of green has come to life!



Here's handy dandy Jim (carpenter extraordinaire) building the planter box....



Here's a look at the patio last Summer....


and this afternoon...in 80 degree weather....



I wanted to add a few more touches of hot pink for added "pop" so in came fuchsia flowers and some fun pillows for accent.


Mirror shopping at Target for something weather-proof....but stylish!


These were the two choices....but the circular theme and stone color won out in the end....


I found this great "modern take" on a garden stool and made it into a side table....


I still love the graphic outdoor carpets from last year...so down they went again...


after a fresh paint job was applied to the whole deck and pergola!




This space continues to be one of my favorite places in my maison...it is a great place for afternoon naps, morning coffee and stargazing at night with the family! It is also one of my favorite "hang-outs" with girlfriends! Nothing beats an afternoon of sunbathing up here with great magazines, delicious cocktails and some nice music...a little slice of private heaven!!



6 comments:

  1. Okay, I'll be over about 2 pm! What a special place you have here, I love it!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your "retreat"! Great space. The boxwood planter looks lovely, and the mirrors are the jewelry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your patio last summer was ridiculously good. How did you manage to improve upon it? It's just gorgeous. I can see why you love to hang out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely adorable wonderfully chic space. I am jealous of this little get away! Susan at Romancing the Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing, it looks gorgeous. I really like it. Thanks for hosting. I want to start a page as your ans recently I asked a web design company ELCO PLANET (www.elcoplanet.com) to develope the page for me.. I was just interested for web hosting.. can you please advice me about web hosting provider.. have you ever heard for www.elcoplanet.com offering hosting, alpha reseller hosting... ? thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jean Poylini, Elcoplanet.com are ok, I used their services few years ago, nowdays I am using www.eaglehsot.info and their Alpha Reseller package, I can see now they have Super Alpha Reseller so I can try it when I have more money , I am kidding www.eaglehost.info are pretty cheap because they have own network compared with www.bluehost.info or www.ixwebhosting.com they are maybe popular but they are just resellers, so www.eaglehost.info is my recommendation, go for it

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...