Sunday, February 12, 2012

You're Invited!

No one enjoys a soiree more than moi! So when my friend Mademoiselle M asked me to co-chair a design committee with her for a local charity's Winter gala I was in..." Oui Oui!!". We were given a Venetian Masquerade theme to run with. Since the event is for a non-profit (as you can imagine) a rather conservative budget was in place...doing a lot with a little....the party is for 250 people...requires some luck at the stores (can we say holiday sales) and some serious creativity!

Whenever I design a party this is how my brain works....I see the space and immediately I am flooded with inspirational images of how I want to proceed. It worked the same this time. Immediately I am envisioning this....Mademoiselle M and I twisted the theme a bit to meet our vision..."Marie Antoinette goes to Carnival in Venice" .....something like this....















                       (Merci': All Images Google)

 Okay now reality is setting in..... although our plan is to have images like these playing full scale on the walls throughout the evening to create the appropriate ambiance. We are fortunate to have an incredible turn of the century Italianate villa to use as our party venue....stay tuned for a few posts this week on this wonderful adventure!

1 comment:

  1. so fun working with you em...an incredibly fun evening!
    xo mademoiselle M

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...