Friday, October 7, 2011

Dining Room redo...in blue...of course!


Recently, I decided that my yellow dining room needed to be BLUE too so I painted the walls and the ceiling in blue hues and changed the fabrics, wallpaper and accessories in the room. It isn't quite done but I really like the new softness...


   The "Before" Pictures....



    
and now the "after"photos....


Thibaut wallpaper lines the two corner built-in china cabinets in the front of the room.



I painted my once bronze gold chandelier a creamy white for a lighter nod to my favorite Gustavian aesthetic.


 Fun silk paisley fabric was used to make a long pillow for added comfort and oomph on the window seat which actually covers a radiator. I had custom drapes made out of blue silk with cream silk side bands.


I love fresh flowers- especially in a dining room!  A large flower box was designed for the long altar table.


Flea market found antique limoge plates make a great accent over the french doors leading into the foyer....

The Asian altar table houses my candelabras as well as lanterns and a homemade urn fountain underneath..


I covered existing chairs with creamy slipcovers for easy washing. I love the softness of all that fabric around a large round antique wood pedestal table that I found at a local antique store after looking for ages. It can seat ten!



Here are new plaques that have been added to the room since this post originally aired. Created by an artist and then reworked by me a bit. Click here for the story.






A water fountain sounds so civilized in a dining room! I have three fountains outside and just had to figure out where to put one inside.


Click on the Dining Room at Christmas  to see how I decorated this year.

This post and other home redo's can be found at a linking parties at Saved By Suzy and Winter Blues Wednesday.

5 comments:

  1. Em - this is stunning...and look at all that natural light! The flow from each room is perfection. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your 'new' dining room! Now I am inspired to paint mine a pale blue also....it's been white, (boring), and remains that way since I haven't been able to come up with a good color...the entry hall is yelllow, with a hint of mustard, white/wood stairs, I think it'll go well together. What do you think? I have white wainscoating on the lower half of the room. You did a fabulous job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Elaine! I think most shades of yellow go well with blue. Just make sure the undertones go together. I used Benjamin Moore Tear Drop in the Dining Room and Harbor Haze in adjacent room. I like them because they didn't look too "bedroomy" as some blues can. Good Luck!! Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...