Saturday, October 8, 2011

Butler's Pantry

One of my favorite features in a home interior is a butler's pantry. Come to think of it...a butler would be nice too! When we designed our addition on our 1920's home instinctively I knew that adding a butler's pantry would be an appropriate "link" from the old house to the new space. It is right for the period of the home, right for the flow of the house, and just right for my limoge and cranberry glass collections.  
The cabinets are Plain and Fancy and we had a custom teak counter made to warm up the white!
Adding light and glass shelves and under cabinet lighting to any cabinet just makes such a difference. Putting all lighting on dimmers is also key for creating different moods!

This is one of my favorite things. It is an old Italian bud vase with individual openings at the top. I pull it out and use it in the Summer with fresh cut flowers from my garden...peonies and roses look amazing in it.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...