Saturday, October 17, 2015

Brazilian nights and a Bathroom makeover...




Chicago is a pretty fabulous city...known for an abundance of cultural pursuits..... Something 
  cool has been kept under wraps...or I'm just not in "the loop" (pun intended)...anymore! Luckily I have a brother who lives in the city who keeps me plugged in for things that he knows I will love!


 Every Summer the City of Chicago lays out a wooden dance floor in one of it's hundreds of parks- this one is just south of the Art Museum, across from the old Congress Hotel along Michigan Avenue.

Every Thursday through Sunday they have bands.. representing all different styles of music.. play for free...food and drinks are available for purchase as well. In early September we attended Brazilian night...I love Brazilian music and dancing as the sun set in such a setting was pretty magical...
 The evenings begin around 6 pm. with dance instruction from professionals in that evenings genre...the band comes on around 7:30-8 p.m. and that is when the fun begins!

You can see the Willis Tower through the trees as the sun sets....


The crowd on the evening we went was eclectic and a lot of fun...all ages welcome...




 Still groovin' from my night in the City...I decided to make my downstairs powder room a bit more groovy too! Here are the "before" shots...taken quickly as I started to disassemble the space...




and here are the "afters"...4 coats of high gloss dark teal paint later...and...

Voila'....the new updated powder room...I plan to make this a gallery space as I collect more Art...


I am also getting a new rug...maybe something like this...still thinking it over...


I found this antique brass umbrella stand and decided it was the perfect container for tp....


 I painted the original shelf in the space a high gloss white so that it would "pop" off the dark teal. I added some brass accents, some antique books with the right hues and a pair of framed etchings.

I hope you are having a relaxing weekend! XO Emily


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...