Saturday, October 5, 2013

Cute and Delicious!

 
 
A few months ago... upon the recommendation of a friend.. I discovered a new favorite "watering hole"...Taco Nano provides a fresh take on the typical taco...(as you can see from the menu board below)....
 
 
I LOVE the hot pink counter tops, cleanliness, and overall efficiency of this small, well-run restaurant!
 
 
 Taco Nano even gets quasi- celebrity patrons...the other evening...Meg Caswell...of HGTV's Design Star ( sitting in plaid shirt below) was in residence with a friend...
 
 
 
Remember her? Pictured here on the far left...
 


If you visit.. try the Crispy Camarones (shrimp taco..with watercress) or the Vegetariano...two of my personal faves! YUM!
 

 
A few tips: the place is very small so if you go at peak hours you will probably wait a bit for your food.

The tacos are made with fresh homemade corn tortillas and are best eaten right away... I don't do take-out...make sure and ask for the fresh green and red salsa to accompany your tacos as well...I prefer the green spritzed over mine. My husband likes the red.

I often pass on the corn tortilla and have my tacos prepared in a lettuce wrap when I want to eat a bit lighter....
 


Another new fave is Lulu's for the most delicious frozen yogurt! They have a different method of making the probiotic infused dessert- so that it is creamier without adding more sugar and fat. I don't really eat dessert that often but when I am craving something cold and creamy...off I go to Lulu's!

 

The owner named the establishment after her daughter "Lulu"....

 
The have great sorbets too...
 


It's raining cats and dogs right now...so I am not going anywhere...but when I feel like a quick treat...these two spots are top on my list!

I hope you are having a nice weekend!   XO Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...