Friday, April 19, 2013

Fig Vine and other Southern Obsessions!

 
 
Have you ever? I just sighed deeply as I strolled by this display of fabulousness on a local street in Charleston. LOVE! I've decided that I am obsessed by a "little green number" called Fig Vine.
 
 Fig Vine grows like Ivy but is indigenous only in the southern region of this country and other warmer climates. It is just MAGNIFICENT! I understand however from gardeners who I enthusiastically accosted during my stroll that it requires a lot of trimming and maintenance for it to really look it's best... but don't we all? ;)
 









One of my other favorite obsessions are the trees in this area of the country....








Moss is prolific in the warmth and humidity of the south...I just love it's crabby elegance!




Wisteria is also a fave...
 



and the window boxes were in full bloom even in March!









Some other images of the "green life" in Charleston....


 





Have a bloomin' good weekend! XO




1 comment:

  1. Charleston is a very Unique Gorgeous Place, like no other!
    You captured the beauty in a very magical fashion!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...