Friday, March 8, 2013

Final Reflections on my Trip to Cali...


My week got away from me a bit this week...so I am writing a few remaining and random thoughts about my trip to Los Angeles....

First I have decided (based on this inspiration) to investigate aqua/ teal colored lighting for a few strategic spots in my own garden which is currently lit mainly in white... a row of trees in Santa Monica were lit in this soft aqua/teal and I thought it was a stunning departure from traditional landscape lighting....


Since I was in the neighborhood I thought I would provide you a bit of my own "Tour of Stars Homes"...with the former long-time residence of Elizabeth Taylor...



This kind of roadside spectacle is so cliche LA...(tee hee)...


Are you wondering what this is? This property is built into the hillside and has a pool with viewing holes cut into it's base...walking around the perimeter of this pool...it would be like going to visit seals or polar bears at the zoo... but instead you are looking at swimmers......hmm...not sure what the appeal is there....



I am one of those people who can never resist a stroll through a potentially good farmer's market...in my final post about my Cali adventures I had to feature the fabulous fresh fare that grows abundantly in the Golden State...here is a quick recap of a Saturday morning market in Pacific Palisades...




I don't think I have ever seen such large and perfect produce....










I marveled at how each strawberry box was "designed" for perfect symmetry...




There was even bug netting over the bakery goods... but the irony is there are hardly any insects flying around in Los Angeles...I appreciated the attention to detail though! On second thought...maybe the bug netting was mainly to keep customer's hands off the merchandise!



As I winded down my quick tour I saw a few of these magnificent displays of orchids for sale...what a fabulous collection...and a beautiful way to begin my Saturday! Speaking of Saturdays...have a fabulous one tomorrow! XO



3 comments:

  1. Emily the teal uplights are beautiful! I am so "hungry" for fresh produce ... since our dump of another foot of snow this week, I am afraid I'll be waiting awhile!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz had a beautiful home!!
    I agree with you on the pool....not me!
    Your photography work is out of this world! Those fruits and veggies are gorgeous.
    Thank you for sharing your trip. I have enjoyed it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the displays at the Farmer's Market - the produce looks gorgeous. I suppose everything has to look perfect to fit in!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...