Monday, March 18, 2013

A+ Design!

I am always on the lookout for design choices that work wonders in a space...the following are a few examples of what I think are brilliant and current design decisions and oh so fun...what do you think?
 
 
If you have a big wall to decorate...picking a fabulous mural and just "going for it" is so fantastic!
 
(Merci':LivinginLuxury)
 
 
I am a huge fan of panels within any space. I just love the added architecture. Putting a graphic wallpaper or paint in the center of each panel just gives perfect punctuation too! As a side note... I am a BIG fan of the peachy pink color used as an accent! That color looks so fab with a base of black and white in most spaces...

                      (Merci': DiaryofaRatGirl)


Another simple solution if you want to break up a high ceiling is to just use paint as a natural border...depending on the space it can be very dramatic!


                    (Merci': FleaingFrance)

This picture from the Gianetti's (designers from Los Angeles) casa illustrates a great way to display art...pictures that all relate through color but not size are a magnificent choice to create interest on a gallery wall...

                            (Merci': GianettiHome)


I think overlaying marble on the backsplash tile as it has been done here tracing the outline of the hood is just brilliant!

                              (Merci': HauteMamaFaves)


If you are going to do a message board...this is my favorite way to do one....use the entire wall!

                  (Merci': ElleDecor)


Words are often used as Art...I am not always a fan...it has to be done just right...here is an example in my opinion of using Word Art very elegantly....

                (Merci': Pinterest)

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Always something gorgeous to look at here! I like your new pic - that's a fabulous mane you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much SK! Re the mane: Italian genes...lol!

      Delete
  2. I'm on the search for a POP of color in my B&W Great Room. Love that peachy pink! Will go on the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first image is inspired me a lot. Wall picture is very very nice and give a very good look. Good idea. Can you please tell me about letter "S" which is in third image, "S" for what?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Black, White, and Peach room stopped me in my tracks! MORE INFO? Like where to find that fabulous lamp shade....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...