Monday, December 3, 2012

Trimming the Tree!

All this week I will be featuring the "decorating daze" that I have been in for the past two weeks. I decided to begin with the tree...after all it sets the theme every year....



This year my attraction to bright pink made it's way into my Christmas tree decor as well as other parts of our living room...and the entry hall...I moved the living room around a bit to enable tree placement in between the living room and family room for optimal viewing! I am also trying out new fabrics for pillows for the blue chairs...I think the one of the left is a winner!!


I like a mix of new and vintage ornaments....and color coordinated wrappings under the tree...

 
I also added blinking white, blue and pink lights this year...


Here is a fun tradition my kids look forward to every Christmas. When they are not around I hide this pickle ornament somewhere deep within the tree. One night shortly after the tree is decorated we have a contest between the two of them...the first one who finds it...gets a special treat (and no it's not a real pickle)! I wonder who will win this year?


I think this is my favorite tree in all my years of decorating...my husband says I say that every year...but I think I really mean it this year! I had a few friendly elves who stopped by to assist getting all those ornaments up quickly! Merci'...  Happy Holidays to All....and let the decorating begin!!!


Stay tuned all week as I tour the various rooms in my maison...and the decorations in each! Click here to continue the tour!



4 comments:

  1. Now that's a tree! Wow, it must glow throughout your entire home. Love the big bow. That pickle game is a riot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahou!! It is the most impressive tree I have ever seen in a private house! Awesome job Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree looks magnificent - laden with beautiful things. Clever to place it where it can be admired from 2 rooms. The pickle game sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...