Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Veiled Approach...

I find veils beautiful. I think they are dramatic and fascinating especially when photographed. I love the movement and the texture and color of the fabric of a veil on film... and naturally eyes become such a focal point when a woman is wearing a veil. Even though I know that within many cultures a veil is an everyday item of clothing....for me... a veil is still something exotic, mysterious, and lovely! 


                           (Merci': tensor-fasciae-latae)

                         (Merci':Acapulcoagogo)


                         (Merci':VogueSpain)

                        (Merci': TurquoiseBlueDreams)

                            (Merci': TurquoiseBlueDreams)

                                  (Merci':Pusterbusey)

                             (Merci':BeautifulIndianBrides)

    (Merci':TurquoiseBlueDreams)

                         (Merci':SensualFairyTale)



                             (Merci':Kiss111)
                              (Merci':Evokedemotions)

                                         (Merci':HarpersBazaar)

                      (Merci':Recadosdatenda)


(Merci':WeHeartIt)

                      (Merci':HighHopeandWanderlust)





                              (Merci': TurqouiseBlueDreams)
(Merci':TurquoiseBlueDreams)

6 comments:

  1. I didn't wear a veil for my wedding and sometimes I really wish that I had. These pictures are beautiful examples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ladies!! I have to say these images make me want one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to think I look like this bundled up in my hat and scarf.... but somehow, I don't think the look I pull off is "exotic"!

    -- Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the hat and scarf are really colorful it might do the trick! :)

      Delete
  4. Although I agree that your photos are lovely, the wearing of veils in everyday life symbolizes or represents the subjugation of women. There is nothing alluring about that. In fact, the reason women are obliged to cover up is said to be for "modesty", not for allure. I am offended when I see them, except for bride's before the marriage is pronounced, and short veils on fashionable hats.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...