Thursday, September 4, 2014

urning for these...


Earlier this Summer I picked up these urns at an estate sale...they were slightly damaged from one too many Chicago Winters. They were also mismatched in color....and very large and very heavy!


I decided that before I determined if I would re purpose and sell them I need to give them a bit of a facelift...I sometimes live with a great "find" for a bit and then I'm ready to part with it/them...


I created a custom whitewashed soft blue/grey color made from outdoor paint .... 


I "sponged and ragged" the color until I got the desired results...pretty simple to do!


I loved the end result! Soft and still retaining the "antique" look...


I ended up putting them in front of our backyard "folly". I initially put salvia and then lavender in them...


but eventually settled on two rosemary topiaries for the fragrance and look...


I love a great "rescue" don't you?

XO Emily

4 comments:

  1. Love your urn makeover! Your backyard is so beautiful, would love to see more!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting project Emily! A friend of mine who is currently looking for a condo for sale in Singapore is also interested in this kind of projects. Well it also enhance your creativity and a beautiful display. I think I am going to forward this to her.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...