Monday, August 18, 2014

Beach Ball Bonanza!


I love when creative inspiration strikes...it is one of life's best surprises!


My girlfriend was throwing a pool party for her twin daughters birthday recently...and I was on board to help....


We found these fabulous pink and white beach balls...and put them in mass in the pool as a decorative element....


The wind started creating the most amazing patterns and designs...


The overall graphic impact and color "pop" just got my photographic juices flowing.
I actually became a bit obsessed throughout the party...(shocking I know)!


I took so many pictures...I thought...I need to do something with these images...I LOVE them!


I am planning on producing a coffee table book but in the meantime I created a new gallery in my living room....


As with most design changes...one thing leads to another...my former chair fabrics and pillows had to change with the new artwork as well... so this is the "before"...


and this is the ' after"...


The beach ball images add just the perfect color accents with the turquoise, white, pink and black....since those are the accent colors in the room...plus they are just FUN!




They are also fresh and modern...


I added a few other images that made sense in the scheme as well...


on the other side of my "gallery" space...


                                to complete the visual narrative...



"Before" with the old chair coverings...things were a bit too busy...


and "now"...simple changes can make all the difference...right?


I LOVE making my own Art... I also love changing it out again and again as my mood dictates! As we head into Fall looking at these lovely Summery images as the weather turns chillier will make me very happy...
remembering a perfect poolside Summer day celebrating friends and the loveliness of something as simple as floating beach balls.
XO Emily







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...