Friday, August 3, 2012

Art Project!

During one recent "hot spell" I decided to make my body temp go even higher with a custom art project I began in my garage...I think the temps registered at 98 degrees when I got the "fever" and laid out some large paper rolls, a lot of turquoise, teal and blue ink and a lawn/leaf blower and began to "experiment" with modern art!


Exhibit A...(I decided to spare you B and C)


As you can see I decided to leave the Jackson Pollock "treatment" to Jackson Pollock (RIP)...the vibe was very interesting and somewhat cool...but NOT the look I was attempting for my family room... but very fun to do! There was something really freeing about blowing paint with a powerful lawn tool!


I am the kind of artist that gets as much mess on myself as possible no matter what!

Then it came to me in a flash (as the best ideas usually do)....I decided I needed to create a large (5 ft. plus) La Dolce Vita  (aka "The Sweet Life") in a deep teal blue green (although it looks just blue in the lighting of these pictures). Even though I don't usually love WORDS as ART... I am Italian and the phrase is what I am all about creating.... so what better graphic for the hub and heart of our home....



I drew the letters with the paint brush and started playing around with script and letter thickness....as the paint dried I was already playing with frame choices....



I took it to the framer and went with my first instinct... a great gold frame.....



and voila....here is my new custom piece of Art for my family room.......


I know this isn't for everyone and I will tell you that it doesn't photograph as well as it looks in person .....(PROMISE)....but the bold graphic is JUST what this space needed! Have a "DOLCE" weekend! See you Monday! XO

17 comments:

  1. Emily! I love it! What makes it even so much more spectacular is the size!! Way to go Big!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. I can't believe that you freehand it! The gold frame is the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I am better when I freehand vs. when I pencil it first...the pressure somehow makes it come out better! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, how I love when inspiration hits an you go with it! Great results! The drama of the size is magnificent. The frame is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda...I have to say I am loving it in the space!

      Delete
  4. AWWW thank you so much for sweet words on my blog:)and WOW what a nice pic you have on that wall:)

    I hope you come and visit me soon, I have more Swedish inspiration for you:)
    Have a great day.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy...I appreciate the nod...it is one of those things that isn't for everyone...my husband looked at me as if I had lost it! :)

      Delete
  6. Wow! Love it....and I love the gold frame with the navy paint. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. LOVE the size!
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks amazing and funnily enough it's what I titled my post yesterday.
    The gold swans are fab! I've just been trying to 'Emilise' a round table, you are so good at accessorising.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...