Friday, August 8, 2014

Making my own fun in my maison!


My living room has undergone so many make-overs throughout the past decade...if walls could talk who knows what this busy room might say! I can't help it- I get bored and need to change things up...a lot! 



My husband jokes that he hopes that I don't trade him in one of these days for someone more "stylish" as well... at least he has a sense of humor about all of the changes!



 I will only share it's most recent history as we discuss my latest "update"....  specifically within the alcoves in the room. Here is an example of how they were "dressed" a few years ago...


The inspiration just keeps coming...and they are an easy, fun thing to change! Here are a few more "before" shots.



I recently painted the alcoves a high gloss white...to brighten things up a bit!



It really all began because of a flea market trip....


I scored two mirrors for $5 each that were found in a dark wood color, then I turned them to gold, then highlighted with a blue wash and then lightened again back to near gold with a tint of blue...can one say ADD..addicted design dork?



I decided to add a few of the shelves back recently...I missed my merchandising space....



I turned each of the top shelves into a stylish bar...



Close- up....



a few more...



Then I had to move on to update my dining room console table...this is one of my fave spots to style all year long! I removed the bar...since it moved to the living room...We aren't even big drinkers in this house- I just love pretty bar ware!

I am still working on this space...I might just leave it as is without the glass decanters..and put pretty votives on the silver trays...


 Speaking of finds...I scored a really fab brass console with thick glass at an estate sale recently. It just needed some TLC which I was happy to provide...


I gilded it up with a brighter gold metallic paint and then it provided the inspiration for a new gallery in my bedroom..


I can't wait to see what "trouble" I can get into next! Have a great weekend!!   
XO Emily
                                  
















2 comments:

  1. This room is GORGEOUS. I love how you layered so many different textured and patterns, and painting around the headboard is brilliant! Our master bedroom is set up very similar to yours, and I love what you've done in here. Great ideas!
    Room Design Ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I appreciate the compliment!! Thanks for visiting too :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...