Monday, December 16, 2013

Tree Trimming with my Favorite Elves!


Right after Thanksgiving...I call upon my favorite friends elves....

 



who come for brunch and some holiday cheer...but of course I put them to work too!



All daughters are invited to share in the fun...the little ones are great for getting ornaments on the low branches....
 





 
We all relax a bit when we're done and we catch up after the Thanksgiving holiday...
 




This year I prepared casual and simple fare...


Homemade cranberry, zucchini and banana breads, a Southern Vegetable Pie, A Feta and Sundried Tomato Frittata, and a Candied Pecan and Mango salad. I also did a goat cheese and chive biscuit and a wild blueberry French toast casserole. We treat ourselves...after all we burn a lot of calories getting all those ornaments on the tree!

Our Christmas Bellini was made with Champagne and Mango and Grapefruit juice with a kiwi garnish.


This party has been a tradition in our house for many years...and we all look forward to it as a way to kick off the holiday season!

It is so fun to share this memory annually with my "girls"...


now...I just have to work up some great party theme to get them all to return to put everything away by New Year's...hmmm...any suggestions?


 If you are interested... my super-duper "video production" elf.. Miss Dawn put together a fun video...click here to watch!
 
                               XO Emily
 

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful PARTY! You have perfect elves! Your home looks beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty!! Happy Holidays to you and your wonderful hubby!

      Delete
  2. What a fun tradition! The tree and your home are absolutely stunning. And now I'm starving after seeing your spread. And I want a Bellini;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tiffany! It is one of my favorite things to do during the holidays! I can only imagine how pretty your house is as well this time of year...Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your tree looks wonderful!

    I have added you to my blog roll.

    I'm not sure if you have seen my tree but I take decorating it seriously! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the blog roll addition...I have been following you for a couple of years now...Faux Fuchsia is definitely part of my Blog Therapy! Love your blog...I have seen bits of your tree....but might have missed the post with the big reveal...send me a link would love to see...Happy Holidays! xo

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...