Thursday, December 12, 2013

Front Hall and Family Room Holiday Touches...

There are many things I love about living in a 1920's traditional home ...and there are other things that I prefer or sometimes envy that come with other home styles. However, during the holidays one of the best things about a traditional home is the front hall stairway....it provides ample opportunity to "amp" things up!
 

I used different ribbon from last year that coordinates with the bow on the Christmas tree. Click here to see the tree.





Near the front door I like a touch of boxwood with a touch of pink!


Every year I throw a different collection of pink ornaments in the alabaster urn...


Here is the view looking into the front hall from the living room...



In the family room a few ornaments keep the succulents company through the holidays!



I took my collection of vintage gold crosses and put them in four large windows in the family room...adding some ribbon and ornaments (of course)...



The flower that is just essential for me especially at Christmas is a white hydrangea...one of my absolute faves!

The liquor cabinet..with festive pink hydrangeas and fresh greens...




A couple of views of the heart of the kitchen...more pink hydrangeas on the stove mantle...


Little accents around the room...




My children have already decorated their annual gingerbread house...(and taken a few nibbles too)


Have a great weekend!

XO Emily 

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!!! Love the touches of color here and there!
    Hope the "house" remains until Christmas....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Patty! Appreciate the props! :)

      Delete
  2. Everything is so festive. I'm a huge fan of pink anything and also love hydrangeas. It's no wonder your home was in a magazine. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany! I appreciate the visit and you taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  3. everyone should own ghost chairs! do you move yours around often? Debra

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...