Monday, November 5, 2012

Asian Market...

Sometimes it is fun to explore a foreign place without getting on an airplane...one way to do that is simply by visiting authentic markets within driveable distances. A couple of girlfriends and I did just that recently.  We had a blast...spending hours wandering the aisles of a huge asian emporium of food and housewares...



Here are a few examples of what the aisles looked like....everything was very colorful!




 
Even the produce sections were bursting with a colorful assortment of edibles....
 



 

 



I ran into another "Emily" in the aisles...(I loved her pink fashionista-ness)



 

This packaging just made me smile...


 Interesting bakery selections...











Got the munchies?


I found all the colorful rice packaging such a fun graphic surprise...




 





The interesting food court offered many delicacies...and we were hungry after walking all those aisles....




We opted for a wonderful shrimp tempura udon soup...






I thought this was fabulous...instead of a soda machine...you can get hot tea the same way!



I brought these delicious little chocolate-stuffed creatures home for my kiddies... and some wonderful marinades and noodles and some exotic dried veggies to add to soups or stir-fry dishes(delish!)



Happy Monday!!

4 comments:

  1. I love Mitsuwa, it's my favorite store! I always visit Mitsuwa at least once a month. The noodles (ramen and udon) at their food court are the best!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first trip and I will go back!! Love the variety!

      Delete
  2. Emily, I loved this post! I went to Bejing last year and this post made me feel like I was there again! What a great idea to visit an asian market near where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is colorful! I've never heard of that store but it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...