Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Books Create Looks!

One of my favorite design aesthetics is the use of old books...they don't have to be rare editions...I am not a collector of that kind of treasure...they don't even have to be written on subjects I am interested in...they just have to look good in my design scheme (okay I guess I'll own my superficiality on that one)...



I think mixing old books among modern design is one of the quickest ways to give a space some soul....

      (Merci':ShellsontheBeach)
                       

 
       (Merci':Vogue)

    (RuedeEmily)

                                    (Merci':ViriGoodDesign.com)

                      (RuedeEmily)

    (Merci':ImagineraryEnemy)


                                (RuedeEmily)

                     (RuedeEmily)
 
 
   (Merci': CinnamonSwirls)

  (RuedeEmily)


(Merci': fromoldbooks.org)
 
   (RuedeEmily)

 
 
just don't go too crazy with your book collecting or your space will look like this before you know it....;)

1 comment:

  1. Love the books with the flowers....so pretty. and believe it or not I actually saw, in a Show House, a staged display like your last picture! It was "done" with careful placement, but it was done to look like the look in that picture!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...