Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Harvest Lunch...

I love Autumn...and I love an outdoor soiree...



that perfect Fall weather when the days are still warm and the nights are cool...is a perennial favorite!



It always puts me in the mood to regroup with my girlfriends after a busy Summer...

this year I gathered friends of Diane, the mother of our dear friend Dawn, who has been visiting from South Africa for the month....


I set a table for 12 outside on our stone patio in front of the fireplace...thank goodness Mother Nature cooperated and produced a magnificent day!



I have collected vintage blue china over the years so I have plenty of place settings...I draped some  fabric to create a tablecloth and then added a quick centerpiece with items I also owned...adding the Fall gourds, pumpkins and flowers...after a trip to the farmers market.


I moved the furniture around on my patio so that we could sit in front of the fireplace...


as it turned out we really didn't need too much warmth...the day was pretty warm...but the ambiance was still nice...


I made an Autumn inspired cocktail of fresh squeezed pomegranate juice, fresh apple cider and champagne...delish!










The girls gathered for some social time and appetizers  as we waited for everyone to arrive...




We all contributed to the meal...I made a quick appetizer with pears, sprigs of thyme and Spanish drunken goat cheese with a cherry glaze on the toasted gluten free bread...

    and some homemade lasagna...

 my friends are great cooks so everyone contributed something yummy...which made it easier to play hostess without too much fuss...






Setting the table and seeing what inspires the "day" is one of my favorite things about entertaining....















Having time to catch up and enjoy each other is such a treat...French music played...I told everyone to pretend we were in the South of France....













My helper Amy brought a little friend whose face lit up at the sign of the cupcakes...watching her savor it...was pretty delightful! La Dolce Vita! Literally!





 





As the fire burned out...we needed to wrap things up and get back to our busy lives...but taking a few hours to ourselves with no interruptions...is always like a mini vacation!


                            I hope you all are enjoying this wonderful harvest season!                                                                                                 
                           
                                  XO Emily




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...