Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dear Dior!

For a girl...MOI...who loves flowers and fashion the following visuals are simply nirvana for me...



As a nod to it's founder's love of flowers, Christian Dior blanketed the walls of several rooms of a historic mansion with one million fresh-cut flowers, creating a lush look for it's July 2nd couture show in Paris.

Produced by Bureau Betak, the bloom-filled event was created with white orchids, red and pink roses, blue delphiniums, yellow goldenrods and garden flowers. Designer Raf Simons' debuted his collection for the French fashion house in marvelous style! If you are interested in a quick video that chronicles in quick-time the creation of this magnificent event (trust me you will marvel)...click here! 

If you want to see the fashion show (who wouldn't- it is beautiful..) please click here! Or you can just have fun with the images below..which is your favorite flower room? Can you imagine the intoxicating fragrance in those rooms? This is one event where I WISH I was on the guest list!!
Guests were seated all over several rooms...










This model is expressing exactly how I feel looking at these images....



So is this girl below...no matter how beautiful your surroundings...all that strutting in heels wears a girl out!


Speaking of a girl who needs to kick off her heels...Adieu...I am taking tomorrow off for a little R&R! Enjoy your weekend! See you Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous! I would feel as if I were in a beautiful dream if I was there! Enjoy your R&R! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily - this is simply breathtaking. Thanks for sharing it.Susan at Romancing the Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be squealing like a little girl if I had seen that. Hope you're enjoying your break.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...