Thursday, December 18, 2014

Flower "POP" Art









My girlfriend recently asked me to help her make her creative vision for her son's bar mitzvah table centerpieces come to life...

as she tried to explain it to me... I was a bit unclear.. but Andy Warhol meets wild, eclectic meadow is essentially what I took from our conversation...

are you with me so far?




She was a week or so out from the big event and this was one of those last elements ...that as she described...."I know what I want but I don't know how to get there" kind of things....I pretty quickly got a sense of what would work and we visited a local floral wholesaler and got to work.....


Boxes of flowers were assembled in her kitchen and I began cutting, prepping and playing....


She had already gathered these wonderful ribbed tin containers- all 25+ of them...and I began cutting the floral foam and soaking it...and lining the containers, etc while she removed each stem from the boxes...the prep is the time consuming part!





An artist friend of hers had taken all these pictures of her son and gave them the "pop art" treatment. My girlfriend attached them to colored sticks ( that she painted herself) and popped the ends  of the foam board pictures with a nail in order to insert the stick in the picture...pretty clever huh?




We picked the flowers for color and for hardiness...after all they had to last a few days through prep, different temps and a few locales...



it was important to me to pick flowers that aren't normally seen in arrangements and that also reflected a masculine vibe...


Here's  the "gallery"....














The great part about these centerpieces is that the soup cans were then donated to a food pantry as well...







The celebration was heartfelt...and my friend loved the way everything turned out with the arrangements....we had such fun doing this together...creative pursuits are just sublime aren't they when things just work?


XO Emily

3 comments:

  1. Emily you have outdone yourself.

    It looks amazing. My career involves zero creativity so I agree 100% that creative outlets are the best thing ever. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FF! Your blog is fabulously fun (another FF) and creative!! Happy New Year!!

      Delete
  2. Hi what are the names for the flowers you used? My sister wants this theme at her wedding and we are looking for suitable flowers. Your work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...