Monday, August 13, 2012

Tidbits from Toronto...

My son and I were fortunate enough to attend a fun celebration this weekend in Toronto for dear friends (natives) and built in a little time to see the sights.

 I have been to Toronto before but always in the cold weather... and like any city...seeing it in the warmer months made it come alive!

We had a packed agenda with the event so I tried to snap a few quick pics of neighborhoods and the city vibe in the moments I had...tomorrow I will feature some special stops along the way....


How cute are these two shoppers?


and this little ensemble stole my heart....


 This gentleman made me smile too...it is tough to make this look cool and he did!


Gorgeous arch near our hotel...


We partied on a private boat cruise and it was wonderful to see the night lights...



 Fresh Bakery Goods were abundant in Kensington Market...


I took this picture for my husband...if he was going to join a self help group this would be IT!

I love that fruit stands and open air markets like this were everywhere... wonderful...


I loved this picture...my son (the tourist) taking a picture of tourists taking pictures...in Chinatown!



Queens Street



Chic motorcycle attire...


 More Bike Bling!


Architecture like this...combining the old with the new is all over Toronto... and fascinating...



No drought in Toronto...the gardens were glorious!


Near the harbor front...the old buildings were delightful...I could take pictures of them all day!


The funky vibe of Kensington Market....



This gives new meaning to the terms... Urban Gardener or Container Gardening!


More fab architecture!


Stay tuned tomorrow for Yorkville...aka...the Beverly Hills of Toronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...