Sunday, December 11, 2016

Christmas 2016...




"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"....and the song rings true again this year in our home.... and as I like to do every year... I am taking you on a little tour....





Funny enough...I really scaled back on my holiday decorations this year... I just needed a little "breathing room" this holiday season...but as I look at these pictures...I realize that fact will make most people chuckle...trust me...I scaled back!!



My main goal with my holiday decor is to make two things happen within my spaces...coziness and brightness...with the onset of snow and cold weather...it helps ward off the chill....


I even scaled back on the tree size this year...and I must say I like it! I just like to play around with new things year to year...I didn't use a ribbon for the top of the tree this year either...I just bunched a group of ornaments together...





a staple is always fresh boxwood wreaths in the alcoves...



the view at night...is especially wonderful...that is when Christmas trees bring out the "magic"!
 


Our dog Stella...captured in her favorite resting spot...really...I ask her? With all the plush fabrics and carpets around our home she chooses a stair...hmmm....??







The family room is where we spend most of our time...I love a white sofa that I can layer with  different fabrics as the seasons change...I will always own one...it is my one of my true "loves" in design...


I also like to layer different rugs...I have a sea grass, an imported graphic and a sheepskin rug all thrown in together....





for the Winter season I decided to move my furniture around too...just to "cozy up" the space...



a little "party in the back" of the sofa too with one of my favorite textiles....



I use the extra large silver urn for chilling wine and champagne when I entertain....one of my favorite flea market finds.... I also found the two antique turquoise lamp bases recently and had lacquer white lamp shades custom made to finish the "look"....and I love the new light source in my dining room at night.






 

I went aerial for this shot.... are you impressed? lol...


A night view as you enter the living room...


I even added a little coziness and holiday cheer to our upstairs landing...


I find that I like sitting here a lot now...the light is fab and I have an art gallery that I can enjoy on each of the walls...also I saved these chairs from the dump and redid them...and decided I couldn't part with them...so now they have found a home here for the moment...


here is a look out my back door this afternoon...more snow is coming down now...looking forward to some cross-country skiing this week! 



                                             Happy Holidays! XO Emily

5 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...