Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Introducing Artist Jacqueline Kott-Wolle


My dear friend Jacqueline is a talented and prolific Artist....her work will be on full display this coming weekend (Sunday and Monday...Labor Day) at the Lake Forest Art Fair in downtown Lake Forest, Illinois...


I stopped by her house the other day and accidentally... but happily... captured Jacqueline in action in her garden....


Like me, Jacqueline loves the water and it is often the backround of many of her oil paintings...






 I love both her choice of subjects and time periods...


Sometimes there is a dream-like quality to her work...I find a peacefulness and yet a subtle forcefulness in her Art. I also love her use of both a strong and soft palette...







This serene and adorable portrait of her daughter when she was a toddler sleeping is one of my all-time favorite paintings! I cannot really express how much I love it! I visit it often when I am in her home...it just makes me happy when I look at it....





Jacqueline has been featured in other shows on the North Shore as well...








 When the weather permits she paints outside but in the colder months she can be found in her cozy studio that fills with light...

 





She also keeps the walls of local establishments cheery and bright with her gallery....her work is constantly evolving...I can't wait to see what she does next!


Right now she is packing up many of her canvases...I hope if you live in the area you make the trip to lovely Lake Forest this weekend to visit Jacqueline and other talented exhibitors....if you don't...please visit Jacqueline's website...click here....where more of her work is displayed and is also for sale.


XO Emily
                              









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...