Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Saying " I Do" to a Garden Bridal Shower...






Recently I threw a garden bridal shower for Jessica (my brother's fiance).... and since it's Summer...and the garden is in full bloom my hope was that we could celebrate "al fresco".... I had custom invitations created that began with this image...which reminded me of the bride....as well as a garden theme....

Luckily Mother Nature had the same idea and the day was free of any sprinkles...I set up most everything the day before...hoping the hydrangeas would make it during the heat....I love them but they are very delicate to work with..in any kind of warmth they go limp quickly...but I had my heart set on them in the design...white are my fave and fit the occasion!


The food and drinks table was done in the round...for accessibility and for the "pretty factor"....


Speaking of pretty...here is Jessica on the right with her younger sister Ashley on the left....




My husband and kids helped me set up one of our larger tents in the lower garden...to protect everyone from the sun as well as create an outdoor room...
.


I served one of my favorite cocktails...St. Germaine, Pear Vodka and Champagne...chilled...with a fresh orchid for panache...perfect for a garden party!


I loved the Betsy Johnson purse that Jessica brought... of course it provided the perfect photo op for the occasion!


I am crazy for lemons (and limes too) and decided to do a tablescape using a TON of fresh citrus...thank you Costco and Trader Joe's!


I also brought out my grandmother's china for the occasion..."something old".....of course!


I made some of the food offerings but also had a few things catered...I am a firm believer in the philosophy that you can't do it all yourself...and have energy left for the party! I like to do all the decorating and some of the fun foodie details...the rest I often leave to professional chefs. I did make a menu for the occasion though... I like it for the formality and it is nice for educating guests about the dishes...


From inside the tent looking into the upper garden and food table...


A couple of my girlfriends (thank you J and D) came to assist the day before as the afternoon hours began to slip away from me as I worked...but not fast enough...I gratefully accepted their assistance...J has a talent for tie-backs...the sheer curtains on all corners of the tent looked "polished and pretty" with fresh hydrangeas and ribbons...




I used a wide variety of fresh elements on the table florals...white lilies, artichokes, green roses, white gerber daisies, baby's breath, white carnations, and a selection of greens to create the table runner...I loved the lushness of it all...



I rented white chairs for a uniform look...and my husband and I constructed extra wide tables to hold the centerpieces and runner with all the china and flatware....


The smell-a-vision was ON..the citrus...in combination with the garden flowers...made for an intoxicating mix in the warmth of the day...


I came out in the early morning to capture a few pictures with the sun streaming through the vases...


and the fish in the pond... just in back of the tent...added some more ambiance to the garden setting...



I made a fresh cucumber and avocado cold soup that I served in vintage shot glasses with an "endive leaf" spoon and a green grape for garnish


 



Stella (our bichon frise) is accustomed to a lot of activity...MINE not hers...she is the smart one...watching from a safe distance!



 

Jessica's friends and family...


 


I made a white wine and dill salmon served cold with a delicious cucumber garnish...my friend S shared her recipe...a great easy "go to" for any luncheon...


I also made a spicy beet gazpacho garnished with pistachios and avocado and radish slivers...

 
I enhanced the water with fresh mint and basil, lavender, chamomile and lemons and limes...served in some of my antique glassware...so pretty...and refreshing!




Some of the goodies...



I added a ball of white roses at the top of the tent...for that bridal touch....


I loved being able to welcome such a wonderful woman as my new sister-in-law!
     

XO Emily


































































5 comments:

  1. You have an amazing talent! Everything looks sumptuous and full of cheer and promise!! I love it all!!
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much FWTF! Much appreciate your stopping by! Happy Summer!!

      Delete
  2. Hey Emily- just catching up with some of my favorite blogs and am delighted to find this enticing post from you! It looks stunning- you are very talented! Susan @ RomancingtheHome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan- so nice to hear from you! I think of you and miss you and the gang at RTH...I hope you are enjoying your new digs and lifestyle!! Thank you for your nice compliment- means a lot coming from you!!

      Delete
  3. Elated to know about your bridal shower. Couple of weeks ago, I arranged a tea party for my friends. I had searched online and found excellent venues in Atlanta. Hired a local caterer online and they had arranged delicious snacks. We had lovely time together.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...