Saturday, December 5, 2015

Catching Up...

 I have been busy getting ready for the holidays and there have been a few fun celebrations along the way...I have also been making more progress on a styling job I featured in a previous post... lamps and more accessories are now installed...


in case you missed the "before" of the living room in a previous post....


I've collected and arranged all of the accessories, including pillows, throws, lamps, books, etc. I also moved furniture so that it made more sense within the space...




We are also putting new bedding together for my client's bedroom...and finishing details on a headboard and bedside lamps...


in the dining room I found this fabulous macrame chandy and some fun accessories...


In other great news...I recently got to celebrate the engagement of my brother to his wonderful girlfriend Jessica...she is a fabulous addition to the family...and we have a wedding to look forward to this Summer...I am especially looking forward to throwing her a wonderful backyard garden wedding shower this Spring!


We celebrated their engagement with some champagne and treats along with a tour of the new RH showroom in Chicago...it opened in October and I have been there quite a few times already...simply nirvana for us aesthetic types...if you would like a virtual tour you can click below...



This chair (among a few other pieces) at RH that I am crazy for...
 

Speaking of faux fur...
                                                                            I love when "ff" is done well...the chair above is quite the investment but to prove the point that high style doesn't have to always be expensive...I found this fabulous little faux fur jacket at Target and I am having a lot of fun with it...it is pretty yummy!


Speaking of great finds...on a recent outing I found this antique bar cart from India... and I am selling it. As much as I love it I already have a few bar carts and no room for this gem... but I got so excited after delivery I had to do a little "styling" in my driveway...if you're interested let me know!





I also found this antique leather decanter trio...I didn't know what I was going to do with it but I knew I had to have it...

I just took some random items around my maison and created a new little vignette in my family room...


I had to share a recent beautiful November morning. My husband and I like to steal away to favorite spots for breakfast on weekend days when the weather cooperates. This Fall has been particularly lovely, long and dry with temps above average...Indian Summer! It is spots like this that make me love where we live!!


When we finally got our first snow...the roses in my yard were still in bloom...and they still are blooming in early December...


Speaking of flowers...I have found a picture that I will make into wallpaper one of these days on a large accent wall...probably in my next house...I just love this image and think it would be fantastic on a large scale...waking up to this everyday would be sublime! I can even picture how I would style a room around this...I can't wait!!



My birthday rolled around again and as always I enjoy grabbing a few moments with my "besties" to celebrate...thank you ladies...you are just the best!


Life is good...I'm really grateful! Hope you are off to a great start for a fab weekend!

XO Emily












No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...