Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year!


Happy 2015!



We got our first snowfall of the season yesterday. I broke out some old and new cold weather gear to make me smile through the frigid temps that are on the way this week....



Frankly if it is going to snow I want enough so that my girlfriends and I can go cross-country skiing which is one of my favorite things to do in the Winter! We got just a dusting this time...very pretty though...



As a Summer lovin' gal I have to make my own magic through the next few months so I don't get cabin fever...

I have a bunch of home improvement projects in the works (shocker I know)...but on the simplest level you know what I love about January and February?


Seeing the freshest of white flowers inside...I purchased this gigantic (difficult to see the scale here) gardenia just before the holidays...the scent of Summer fills my bathroom...each morning it is a delightful surprise to see how many more blooms have popped...it just puts me in a great mood...



The rest of the house is filled with white orchids, white hydrangea and white calandiva...



it just makes me HAPPY to see the fresh white and green in my spaces during the Winter...

Yes..I am a "downtie"...can't get enough!  Sunday night viewing with a great cup of tea and my family all around me is something I look forward to all week!



Speaking of tea.. my "go to" fave every day in the Winter months is Rooibos Tea from South Africa...I have tried so many and this one is by far the yummiest!  It's caffeine free and with a little coconut milk poured/stirred... it is such a treat!

On the weekends in the Wintertime my husband and I usually try to sneak away to our favorite coffee house and order a fantastic latte...(example below)...and sit for a spell...in the Summer we are usually cycling and making quick pit stops...this time of year..we slow down and linger...nice!


In the Winter... I am also all about the luxuriousness of my bed...literally it is the most comfortable place on the planet!  "The Princess and the Pea" had a profound effect on me as a child....lol...my bed is high off the ground with the softest of sheets and blankets and a thick duvet...yes...I admit it I am a bed snob!


I also love the Wintertime to catch up on all the things I have put off when the weather outside beckons...

I surf the web.... where I get inspired...

 

I am starting a New Year's cleanse this week (I know..so cliche') but it will force me to get a little more creative in the kitchen...looking for recipes as we speak that will help get me through...


 I am determined to create some coffee table books in the next few months....this has been on my to "due" (as I say it) list for awhile now...but I am committed to getting them DONE!


 Of course I am completely blissful mussing and fussing all over my nest...I recently have been on a quest for a few things...which is also a favorite past time in the Winter especially...treasure hunting never stops...even in the coldest of weather!!


 I have been looking for colorful books for display...and have found a few recently...



Styling with books is just a must for me....

I redid this little coffee table with a few new items...including this round white marble ball from Target....


and I found this great brass ice bucket on a recent outing... I think what I have learned from this part of the post is that I have a brass addiction...lol!


Merci': fummozar.com, cl;ipartpanda.com, chelsusxechrist, behance.net fatospabuccu, bexcellence.org, clickindina.org, ornaross.com, opinno.com, mamacheaps.com urbanchristiannes.com, inslee.com 


Happy Monday!! XO Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...