Saturday, November 15, 2014

Musings from my Maison this November...

I decided to clean out my closet as the weather got colder...I found two wool scarves that I don't wear very often...

I recently purchased this wonderful embroidered scarf and wanted to use it as a bed throw but it was too short so...voila...

the ultimate "re purpose" was born...I cut/pinned/sewed (okay I cut and pinned...I had my upholsterer sew) my way to this dreamy new addition to my bedroom...just like we need more layers of clothing in the colder months...so does our furniture!


My side tables are next...come January they are going to get a fun new lacquered color...working on it as we speak...but- in the meantime...found these fab mirrored trays at Target to brighten them up on top!


Across the room all these pink additions are tying nicely into my new gallery wall ...


A bunch of my besties went on a trip to Israel recently and delighted me with this surprise gift upon their return...absolutely love them and THEM! Thanks ladies!!



                                                               
Here I am sporting them... while having some "bun fun" this week....


A new addition are these wonderful Asian stools I found on a recent buying excursion...


I am mixing them in everywhere...they are funky, fresh, and fun...and don't need to "color match" to the rest of the decor...I have one paired here with a lime green garden stool.



I move them all around depending on my mood and where I am sitting...


Talk about fun "pops" of color....



They are also  available now at The Style Shack if you want one or two...;)


Also at Target on the sale rack...I scored this wonderful wood bowl...long in length and style...I accessorized with some marble stones and a green ceramic ball that moves around the house as needed.


I like to see my "go to" necklaces and bracelets every morning in my dressing spaces...it is a pretty and practical visual...I took some glass urns and filled them and layered them up...grouping them on a faux croc teal tray in my bathroom is just sunshine in a jar!


This little lady sits in my office...so I can "spread the jewelry love"....


I also used this tall glass urn to elegantly store my lavender Epsom salts...I am a girl who loves a good soak...so do my muscles after working out (or lifting too many pieces of furniture)...this stuff does the trick...also a great source of getting magnesium into your system too...

btw... this is a great hostess gift or birthday gift for your friends who love their bath time...accessorize with a scoop and a shell and you are good to go....


Recently...before our first frost...I was out on a walk and captured these lovelies...




I also brought my rosemary topiary in for the Winter...please enjoy them now...they are so finicky inside...I am crossing my fingers because I love them so!!!



A recent addition...I found this coral sculpture and layered it into my buffet...


I also brought in a garden stool and made it work in my foyer....



On another note...I just had to share two recent instagrams that made my heart swoon...

just crazy for both pieces.... although I would recover the stool fabric immediately.




I also have to say that when I look at this picture I want to stay in bed all day today...but I am off to do an outdoor holiday styling job with greens and lights at a local restaurant...better bundle up since it's 18 degrees right now...eeks!

 (Merci: Chairishco)


 Have a great weekend! XO Emily









2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. that is high praise indeed coming from my favorite high priestess of style from down under!! thank you FF!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...