Monday, August 4, 2014

Chair Flair!



Happy Monday! As I'm sure you've surmised from my absence these past couple of months... I have been taking a nice long Summer vacation from regular blogging...

Sometimes you just need to recharge the batteries...y'know the drill...



Frankly, I have been spending every free minute outdoors...

After the Winter we had in Chicago this year I decided to limit time spent in front of the computer this Summer...


Recently One Kings Lane contacted me about doing a post featuring a chair "redo" I've done...

I wanted to include their very informative guide on various chair styles as well... you design junkies will find it fun and informative! Click here... One King's Lane Modern Guide to Chairs

So...here is what I tackled recently....




I found this old gem at a flea market- I got so excited to "gild this lily" that I started diving in before taking the BEFORE shot...you can see on the bottom of the left photo the original wood tone of the chair.... I had some fun fabric laying around.... and voila....the reveal...


check out the back of the chair reflected in the mirror...


As you can see I added this fun fabric (also in my stash) on the back of the chair for a little added flair...or as I like to say..."for a little party in the back"!


Here it is now...happily at home in my bedroom.


I love redoing old or new pieces of furniture that deserve a more stylish future! Last year I searched and searched for matching X ottomans. Finally I decided to make my own when my search wasn't fruitful. I found ottomans that looked similar to these at the retailer Home Goods....

Just like these two examples the fabrics didn't match...but it didn't matter because I was changing them up anyway!


 I added matching architectural details to each ottoman, the circles and other moldings, etc.




Then I lacquered each bench in high gloss black enamel and then added one fabulous fabric (if I do say so myself)!


Here is how they look in the space... currently they are each one of my favorite things in my home!




In my next post I will highlight some of the other fun changes I have been making around my maison!

XO Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...