Friday, May 31, 2013

Mind Blowing...

What is blowing through my mind these days? One of the things I love best about being "aesthetically tuned" is discovering images that take my imagination on a little "road trip"...daily. I find inspiration everywhere...here is what is stirring in the pot lately...


There are so many things about this photograph that I love....it's colorfulness, the exotic locale and culinary offerings, the sisterhood and joy in these faces...the amazing talents of women the world over...can you imagine carrying a spectacle like that on your head...balancing it with one arm...holding a child in the other...AND walking too...talk about multi-tasking??!! I am crazy for those goldish/brass hats...aka...vessels as well... I want a collection on my table...I already have a design in mind....



Speaking of vessels....I am very interested in a great vessel (no pun intended as you look at this image..although a great boat could be fun too). I love a great big bowl or urn or some kind of vessel that can be used in a myriad of ways....there is nothing more inviting when entertaining then seeing Champagne or a lovely Prosecco (my personal faves) on ice in a lovely vessel...I also have been having fun with ferns in big vessels too...lots of ideas...not enough space! LOL






I think a great up-do...that looks simply done ( even though we know there is nothing simple about it...lol)  for Summer is "just the thing"...I am also crazy for the jewelry in this picture...actually the styling of the whole image...shot in Bali. Lovely and Sophisticated!



What really works for me about this photograph is the juxtaposition of the gilded (jewelry, sweater, make-up, etc) against the roughness and under-embellished deck and pool... I really like the contrast of the rough and sparkle in every aspect of design and fashion...

and while in the Fashion realm...I am completely besotted by the dress below...it is my fantasy come to life...I have always thought I would love to use Hermes or Hermes- like scarves to make a fabulous flowing gown and here it is...I just need to identify the designer so if you know...do tell! I need to have something like this made for me...it is fantastic!


some things never leave you...the picture below will always be included in the most inspiring of images to me...I  love EVERYTHING about this image...and again...the SCARVES!


I am interested in developing graphic and delicious simple salad presentations for when I entertain using the freshest of Summertime fare...these images get my culinary juices flowing...




I am completely inspired by new ( at least to me in this case) climbing vines for my garden to add layers upon layers of color all Summer long...here is a new fave...



I also am loving what adding a bright dose of WHITE does... in a any kind of garden... as a backdrop for making natural elements POP even brighter...I have been busy adding in some graphic white elements in my garden which I will share soon...



 

This last image is what I will leave you with as we enter the weekend...this is a "mantra-image" (as I like to call any images that say it all)

... as we move into Summer...life is about simple pleasures, enjoying nature, doing something active, with people you enjoy...an all around recipe for happiness in life...have a wonderful weekend!! XO




(Merci': GirlofIstanbul, Women p.Ina, SplatWorldwide, Tumblr, WishReport Magazine, AcidWonderland, FahionOnlyWomen, EverythingFab, HemingwayCool)

3 comments:

  1. Your "images" are so inspiring ....the last says to me... "Go and Jump In and Live!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful images! Breathtaking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these images and when you find the place to acquire one of these dresses ... PLEASE share!! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...