Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mirrors, Mirrors on the Wall....

 I scored these two mirrors for $5...yes that is right...$2.50 each at a recent estate sale!

I then started looking at my shelves in the living room and felt the winds of change blowing in!


The shelves felt a little too "busy" with my newly redone living room....SO...


voila...I took out the shelves and gilded the mirrors...and added fig leaf trees in tall white glazed urns....


for a simpler, cleaner, more sophisticated aesthetic....


I have to say I love the way it all turned out....I get such joy in finding a great use for a fab find, don't you?



I am still looking for the perfect "stone or chip" to put on top of the plant base to finish the look...but in the meantime I am reading up on how to care for fig plants...

Happy Hunting!
                                                             

6 comments:

  1. THAT IS THE BEST NEW IDEA I HAVE SEEN IN MONTHS!!
    FANTASTIC....
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those mirrors! They simply have to be the bargain of the year. I would have gilded them too. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice change and they actually look good. I think I would have used some chalk paint and really distressed the mirror frames to look vintage. Since I adored them as shelving and how you had them displayed, it would be very easy to restore it back to that when the winds of change happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Emily! It looks so clean and classic. Great job. Hope your store is going well!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy...store is going very well...enjoying it too! Hope all is well with you and Bethany!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...