Thursday, December 6, 2012

Decorating the Family Room...

The heart of the home... I simply love this space! Besides my office it is where I spend most of my time in our home...here is a little tour of what happens in here during the holidays....first a quick look around the space...



                                  (Merci':HilaryRosePhotos)













I like to take my rooms from Summer to Winter easily by changing up accessories like pillows and throws to give a more luxurious and different vibe...here are my new pillows and teal faux fur throw that help create my Winter look....



this is how the sofa looked just a few months ago...lighter and brighter!



My trick to keep costs in line is to splurge on the front of the pillow with a great fabric and finish the back with simple linens or velvets that match or coordinate...I keep a stash of these basic fabrics on hand at all times (buying them on sale) for these kinds of projects....





 


                                   (Merci':HilaryRosePhotos)
 



 

White hydrangeas are my ultimate favorite accessory all year long...but especially during the holidays!


I like the new position of the Christmas tree so we can enjoy it in both rooms...for the past few years I had put it in my entryway but I prefer this.....



 
I added the teal runners on each chair for a little more Winter richness...and they can easily be removed for Summer style...I love imposing some style without the committment of an upholstery job!



I like having a little more fun with wreaths in here too...two kelly green blingy ones do the job... I added the blue organza bow and the ornament....


I often have runners made when I find great fabrics because they can so easily liven up a chair or table or kitchen island...


I like a simple holiday window treatment in these spaces because the room is filled with windows...it works better if I show restraint here...plus I don't want to block all that Vitamin D!

 
As you might have guessed I love the peacock colorway...so I added a few feathers for a simple but rich looking "bouquet"....
 





I had fun "rocking out" this little vignette with colored lights that alter between pink and blue in this lovely little covered cake stand in my kitchen... I like the reflection in the silver tray behind it as well!



In the built-ins I just like to make little additions to my normal spaces to give a subtle holiday vibe....


the turquoise orb looks faboo at night....



I like to give the kitchen sink some holiday whimsy too...after all I spend enough time there...;)

If you missed the beginning of the Holiday Tour through my Maison click here. Or if you want to see the Entry Hall click here.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect!!! Love the new position for the tree! The blues throughout the spaces brings everything together...Such warm, welcoming, wonderful rooms. Your home is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...