Friday, December 7, 2012

Decking the Hallway and Entry...

I live in a Colonial style house that's a Georgian-"wannabe"
which is a style I much prefer...

with that comes a rather generous entryway and a staircase that leads directly upstairs which just begs for decoration during the holidays...of course!


Looking into the entry from the living room...



and from the dining room into the living room...


the front door... with a new little lucite story of it's own....



up the stairway...


a trio of boxwood wreaths that I highlighted with baby's breath and ornaments lines the railing....





I also added greens and baubles and bows for more fun...





Stella is non-plussed by all the fussing around her....she is used to her crazy Mama!


 
The antique inlayed mirror on the downstairs bath's door needed it's own little wreath too...
 


 
I love to use white birds wherever I can as well...the symbol of PEACE...


Upstairs...on the landing I
 found a home for the antique crosses I found and gilded...


 

and as Miss Stella is tired of all this nonsense...she is on to her morning yoga routine in the sunshine....

 

and I have a busy weekend ahead...which is why it is so great to have all this decorating DONE! Happy Friday! XO

If you missed the beginning of this week as I was "decking my halls" click here!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Nicole! Happy Holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your entire home is lovely. Everything is beautiful! I love the wreaths on the stairs! And the colors flow so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, your entry looks amazing. Just heard from a customer how fabulous your home looks! Love what you did with the scarf. saw it on a previous post! Susan at Romancing the Home

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...