Monday, August 6, 2012

Pink...This or That?


You might remember from the One Room Challenge  I am working on creating black lacquer benches ( in the style of the examples above) for each side of my fireplace.  They are the "POP" that the room needs to finish it off....




which in my mind includes adding a bright pink fabric with a touch of gold or white......here are a few top contenders from the HarlequinUK line of delicious fabrics....I think I might have hit paydirt!!


HarlequinUK is simply one of my faves but with this particular challenge they have presented me with several solid (forgive the pun) options....but this is where you come in.....I have outlined a few top contenders and I would like your thoughts....which is your FAVE?



THE CHOICES:

1. Love that this one has gold "grass" weaved throughout...different and dramatic...with the scale being right for a small ottoman. I think this is one of my top contenders! So modern and graphic!

      Kallianthi-Grasses-Fabric 120023

Example: of Options both 1 and 3.




2. I think this pink and white combo could really "sing" on the black lacquer. I could add a little gold filigree to the cracks and crevices on the black lacquer to bring in the touch of gold OR add some gold cording as they did in the example below. It might be a little too traditional but the color combination is right on the money! 

   
Amilie-Etienne-Fabric 3596


Example: TDF! (to die for)


3. This option is again pink with gold beading...
    although the hue reads a little too purple/magenta for me...thoughts?

  Kallianthi-Beads-Fabric 120044

4. I had to throw a velvet or two into the mix...
    this is elegant with a little funkiness... love the "goldish" inlay...hmmm
   

    Pasha Blush Fabric 7590

Here is a "real life" image....



5. Here is a classic, safe... but stunning... choice...
    a bright, fuschia velvet solid....used in a thick striped combination....

    Lucido Velvets-Magenta-Fabric 7841


with either one of these velvets. This one matches the shell mettalic on the wall...

Lucido Velvets Caramel Fabric

and this one picks up the gold in the room...

    Lucido Velvet Cahsmere Fabric 7821

6. This is not a top contender but I think it is something to consider...

    Lalika Neela Fabric 1238

example....
very pretty on the pillows...could be magnificent...
but probably better on a white laquered ottoman...not  a black one...too flat!
This fabric almost makes me want to go with white lacquer instead...



7. Here is a linen stripe option...
    which could work with the shell metallic color on the wall
    and contrast with the black lacquer too...
    seems a bit of a safe (aka boring) choice though...do you agree?
   

Amilie Weave Sofia Fabric 1008  



So...what do you think? Please cast your vote! I'm interested in your "design instincts".....
do you think I should stick with black lacquer or should I switch to white? The samples of each are ordered...

Ohhh the choices...Merci'!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That was my girlfriend's pick too! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I would stick with the black. Like the idea of adding some gold filigree. I'm torn between #4,love the pattern, and # 2, striking . Both are large prints that would POP!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think black is right...first instincts are usually best! I agree with you and your description of both 4 and 2...the samples will help me make a decision too!

      Delete
  3. These fabrics are beautiful. I would stick with black. Choice #1 or #4 would be great. Good luck with your decision. I can't wait to see the finished product.
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving these hot pink options! Those benches will certainly pop!! Can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...