Saturday, December 17, 2011

Decorating Daze....La Deuxième Partie (part two)

I promised a couple of weeks ago that I would feature more holiday decorations from our Maison....

Today I am focusing on the Dining Room which is one of my favorite rooms for holiday decor. The room is bright and sunny and just makes me happy all year long, but especially during the Holidays.


So, I left you here...ornaments spread out on the table ready for the tree after all the lights, beading, and tree topper decorations have been assembled.



I love inviting dear friends of mine who are Jewish (only those into fun design projects need apply) who love the "cultural exchange" of helping decorate the tree. It has become a wonderful tradition over the past few years and now we include our daughters. This soiree really launches the holiday season at our house.... I serve brunch, stoke the fire, put on Christmas tunes and put them all to work! Thankfully they are talented ladies and they do a great job and our tree gets decorated in a matter of minutes! We party with a purpose!




 This year I made mango and raspberry smoothies... Goodies are also "de rigueur" at a holiday gathering don't you think?





I always like to send my "girls" away with a little holiday cheer. This year I found sparkly, bedazzled tape measures for every one's purse. Any of you "decorista types"  probably know that having a tape measure on hand at all times is part of the essential tool kit. I just fell in love with these...they came in wonderful pink color combinations too!























I have been working on dressing up my dining room chairs for the holidays and beyond. I decided to take beautiful teal velvet and gold satin and make seat "jewelry" for my chairs when I entertain. Here are the looks for Winter...I am thinking about doing the same thing in beautiful tan linen (on one side) and blue-grey linen (on the other) for a Summertime beachy feel...the possibilities are endless.












I was very inspired by my newly redone blue dining room and wanted to embrace a dramatic feel for the fresh greens and wreath in the space this year....








Other little touches around the room....




I am waiting for two custom art pieces that will flank the East window in the dining room... so in the meantime... plates with velvet ribbon seemed like a festive fill-in.




I can't decide if I like the look of the chandelier better with the lights on or off...so I decided to include both pictures.




Stayed tuned tomorrow for as we move to the family room and outside.... In the meantime feel free to visit Decorating Daze Part One and Decorating Daze Part Three. and  Decorating Daze, The Finale.

6 comments:

  1. Emily, it takes my breath away! Mazel, to your tribal elves. I like the teal velvet on the chairs.Someday, my home will be "finished"...for now, I will peak at yours. OK, WHERE did you find jeweled tape measures? I must have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are stunning Emily, a very pretty room. I love the blue ribbons around the plates, and I'm intrigued by the skirt around your tree base, it looks lovely.
    Happy holidays to you and yours!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! its very beautiful! love all your colors and the dining room chandelier is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much everyone! Happy Holidays! Sharon-the tree skirt is from Anthropologie (5 years ago)...Mademoiselle from CHL, I will see if the boutique that I purchased the tape measures has more ( I bought them out)....if they have one I will be sure to get one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning spread--you definitely know how to throw a party. Love your home decor. Everything is so incredibly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...