Sunday, October 30, 2011

Blue...Past Influences and Present Delights!


I have such an appreciation for wonderful vintage treasures but I also love new things that are made with an endearing nod to the past! I hope you enjoy today's collection of both old and new things that represent a little of both.  Have a wonderful Sunday! I will see you tomorrow for my last 31 Days of Blue post!   
A turn of the century casual seaside blue dress (Merci': Pinterest)



A late 1700's pharmacy! Most medicines were kept in beautiful jars on rows of shelves. I took this picture on a recent trip to Williamsburg, Virginia. (Merci':RuedeEmily)




Elegant gowns from 1911...By the way notice how blue and orange worked well together even in fashion then...a nod to my post on blue and orange this week...(Merci': Antique Costume 1800)





An antique English bone china square bowl. I just love this piece! (Merci': Kathleen Kern)




A vintage blue locket. (Merci': My Style Wearables)




(Merci': Free People )




Antique French Blue Transferware! TDF! (to die for)




(Merci': Free People)



Hellstern &Sons 1910 (Merci': ornamentalbeing.tumblr.com)



1910  Evening Gown




Antique blue enamelware pitcher (Merci': DreamyWhites)




Vintage Blue Locket (Merci': StyleMePretty.com)




Vintage 1920's lace dress (Merci': Vintage Fashion)


Italian Vintage Glass Knobs 1930's (Merci': Liz's Antique Hardware)




Vintage French Tin (Merci': DreamyWhites)



Okay...I'm cheating a bit here...I know these looks aren't  all blue (although technically there is blue in the picture) but they are great representations of how our past always influences our future. The look above is from Ralph Lauren Spring 2012 and the look below is from The Row Spring Resortwear 2012. The Row is the couture line from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen!




(Merci': Style Inspiration.com)


1915 Blue Velvet Trimmed with Opossum (Merci': philamuseum.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...