Friday, October 21, 2011

Blue Moments around My Maison...

 An architectural piece hangs over the doorway from the Living Room to Family Room.


The Living Room has two flanking book shelves that I love to Merchandise!




Art Studio lanterns outside each of the French Doors are in a matching blue gray hue!


Dining Room Candelabra...I have two that sit on each end of a 6 foot altar side table.


Anthropologie plates that I love in a trio!


Flea Market antique plates paired with a Smith and Hawken planter and ruffled blue plates.




Anthropologie lamp with a feminine blue polka dot silk shade.




I sprayed these tall branches (found in a local park) blue and put them on the edge of my tub. During the holidays I hang beautiful clear crystals from the branches so I can bathe in sparkly candle light at night or during the day while watching the crystals bounce beautiful light throughout the room.



This is one of my favorite things. I found it at Maze Home and it welcomes guests in my entry way! I decorate it differently with the seasons! It looks beautiful at night with the candles lit.



A Home Goods blue hued glass urn is filled with marble balls and turquoise rocks.



I love the purity of this simple trio!



This is a vintage find from my Grandmother that I love displayed in a little nook. She loved blue as much as I do!



I found this fabric as a tablecloth and slipcovered my family room ottoman.



It's no secret....I love PLATES as wall ART!



 A flea market basket gives my mags a home in my upstairs office! On a side note...
 I bought this basket and it was filled with beautiful large shells that I have distributed around my home. What a wonderful find and a great flea market memory!




My  young son is an Artist in training and had to join in the blue hue fun by putting his own Art in the basement family room! He painted these this Summer in his Art Studio in the backyard.

P.S. The painting isn't crooked on the wall..the photographer (ME) just took the pic at a funky angle.




Another one of my favorite things.  It hangs from a big wood beam in the peaked roof master bath!




This pretty little ensemble sits on the bathtub surround in the Master Bath.



A gift from my friend Sue. One cannot have enough tiered stands for entertaining. Merci' Sue!



 Fun functional blue accessories in the kitchen!







Kitchen cabinets are filled with dishes we use regularly!




My girlfriend (who knows how much I love Portofino, Italy) brought me this plate after visiting there...



Ruffled blue plates in unison on a basement wall.






My son collects antique license plates/signs and displays them in his "man-cave" family room built-ins! This was an iron "jack" that we found at a flea market. It weighs a ton but we just had to have it!





I painted these frames blue so that they would POP on a basement wall.




Our dog Stella ( a 10 lb. bichon frise) lives large in our house with her own blue accessories (of course)!


(All Images: RueDeEmily)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...