Thursday, October 29, 2015

October musings...


Autumn is absolutely one of my favorite times of the year...but of course it is always one of the busiest times as well...
One of my favorite things to do in the Fall is to ride like the wind (okay more like a light breeze) for hours at a time and take long power walks...where I pick up speed..

 In the cool crisp air with the changing leaves and a bright blue sky...I'm in nirvana!!

Some flowers take center stage as the rest of the color gets a bit more muted on the ground...The abundant cockscomb becomes a little less abundant...because I gather it up every chance I get....I love it best fresh...but I also leave it to dry for other floral arrangements.



There is a corner lot on one of my walks where the dahlias are just too good to be true...the plethora of pinks and purples makes me stop and smile every time...



This Fall also brought a bittersweet moment for me...my neighbor and lovely friend Jen finally followed her bliss and moved to Nashville...a dream in the making for a few years...so happy for her...but I feel a little twinge when I look at her former abode...so many memories....raising our children...the changes life brings....


I have also been busy doing some client home and event "stylin"...here is a recent before and after...

                                                                   ... before...


...after...


This particular client is fabulous to work with...she is letting me do my thing throughout her spaces...putting things together that will give her a collected over time (but not), eclectic, un-fussy home that makes her feel good every time she walks in each room! She is clear about what she likes and doesn't like and what must be included in each design...so her spaces FEEL like her!


 a close up....I will feature more of this home in future posts...


One of the reasons I have been so busy these past few months is that I have been working with  my fabulous new friend and web designer extraordinaire! Meet Spencer...17...brilliant...competent...etc. etc. If he is an example of the next generation we're all good!! Thank you Spencer for all your hard work on www.ruedeemily.com.


I thought I would leave you today with pictures of my "happy hike"...as many times as I can get there I do...the sun glistens like jewelry on the water and the wildflowers wave to me in the breeze...it's a moving, breathing postcard...and what I love is every day things are a little bit different...





I love that people are still paddle boarding in October...just don't "fall in" peeps...(pun intended)...brrr!!

I get "zen" just looking at these images...



I am a beach girl...through and through..you may find me here in December...


a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...Happy Thursday!!

XO Emily

1 comment:

  1. can you please email me your new site to fauxfuchsia@live.com.au ?? Thanks- will then update it xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...