Sunday, August 2, 2015

Doings....


My friend Dawn is a very interesting girl...multi-cultural and multi-talented! She has been working on her spaces for as long as I have known her (for over a decade)...she is a kindred spirit in so many ways!


A few years ago I helped her create the gallery wall you see above...click here for more on that...but I wanted to feature her latest configuration in today's post...first of all she installed a new chandy over her dining room table (also new) and it just all WORKS so beautifully!

She switched the living room and dining room spaces... here is how it looked before...


I must say I liked it both ways but this new configuration works better and I love all her little touches around the spaces...she has two round mirrors with console tables underneath that are flanking the linen chairs  in front of the window...

the living room before...as the dining room...


after...as the living room.. she has matching consoles coming any day now..but I don't mind what she is using now...I like the texture for Summer..it is very fresh...and welcoming...



Recently I helped stage a surprise birthday dinner for a very deserving girlfriend...whose husband wanted to do something special...the evening was Summer perfection! Perfect company and sublime weather! The best combination for any successful soiree'!!



I have new appreciation for lace tablecloths...I decided I love it with an underlay of color... the mix of the modern and old is always right!



I wanted to do something fresh and interesting for the table...and at the last minute I was inspired by these fig branches...I threw in the mix the following...a moss log, lilies, artichokes, lemons, grapes, hydrangeas from my garden and a green mum or two....




I put a little wispy flower from an existing bouquet on each plate for a little whimsy...




I volunteered to bring fruit to a girls outing and decided to create a " Pectin & Petal" platter...the pink hydrangeas were picked freshly from my garden...I just enjoyed making the platter look pretty for my gal pals!


As for more fruit fun.....I like to call this one...the citrus necklace!


I sometimes like to get creative with crudites' too...see below...On the fly I helped a friend style a table at her house earlier this Summer for a graduation party...



Happy Sunday! XO Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...