Friday, June 19, 2015

le jardin...part three...what's on deck this year?



Every year I like to feature my upstairs deck/sanctuary...it is just off my master suite and it is where you will find me with a great book/magazine/music playing most lovely lazy days of Summer.




One of the reasons I feature it every year is that often I make changes...in the rugs, plants, accessory items, etc...like life..nothing stays the same for long!



It is a sizable space that is difficult to feature in proper scale...I like to host casual/impromptu lunch here for girlfriends who stop by to sunbathe...

My four-legged girlfriend likes to sunbathe every day too!


The double chenille chaises (they are made for outdoor use) fold down flat...perfect for naps on the weekend or star-gazing through the pergola at night...


I hope this beauty keeps going all Summer long...


This table was a great find last year...I use it so much...and I just love the wicker!



I am a water girl...this fountain can be heard all over the upstairs when we have all our windows open...lovely to sleep... one of my faves...hearing the sound of water...



Our big palladian window in our hallway has screened panels that open on each side...as you stand on the landing you can see out to the deck and catch a nice breeze...I keep the air-conditioning off as much as possible!


Reading samples...on a pink tray from Target... spotted and purchased by my dear friend Jackie...and voila...it works delightfully on the deck...merci' mon ami!


The boxwood in each container made it through the Winter (thank goodness...as boxwood has gotten expensive) so I love the "pop" of the added pink with the white and green...


The space looks lovely at night too! I will feature that in another post...I am working on shooting the garden at dusk...when it is just fills me with pure contentment...my favorite times in the garden spaces are in the early morning and as the sun sets!

Since the sun is setting on this week too...enjoy the weekend! Happy Father's Day to all the great Dad's!! If you want to see the beginning of my 2015 garden series...click here.

XO Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...