Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Design Inspirations and Ruminations for 2013

At this time of year many of us do a bit of  "reflection and resolution making" for the new year ...but I also like to spend some time thinking about what inspires me as I look at the aesthetic year ahead...what is still fresh, what is "tired", what intrigues me...you get the idea...
 
Being able to participate in all things beautiful and inspiring from all aspects of design just brings me such joy as I know it does for so many of you...here are some images which illustrate what is in my design head today...
 
 
I am still "all about the bling" combined with the clean elegance of lucite...the duo still makes me swoon!
 
          (Merci': ColicoDesign)

                                                (Merci':GirlofIstanbul)



That clean fresh modern but natural vibe when done right (often in combination with the bling above)...very inspirational...

                                 (Merci': DesignedforLife)


I am "leaning into" velvets again in rich hues...and I am ALL IN using unusual sculptural art for any wall!

          (Merci'DustJacketAttic)



Texture Texture Texture...can't get enough...the more the merrier!

                                      (Merci':ExpensiveLife)


Can I just admit my love of natural stone while we are on the subject of texture?



            (Merci': S3asonal)


Brassy golds...this image sells it better than most...this is a love affair that still burns strong!

                                       (Merci': ILuvSnoopy)


On that note...I am still and always will ...gravitate toward design elements with a Moroccan, Turkish and/or Indian vibe...so inspiring...on so many levels....



Most of you who visit regularly know that PINK has been big for me this year...but what I like about this image besides the color is the ecclectic luxe vibe...with a little bohemian flair...super fun!



Speaking of pink....

This color combination (including the brass accents) was big for me in 2012....especially in my garden and when entertaining there...I think it still reigns...I think the love of color combinations runs deep. My girlhood room was this exact palette...

                                              (Merci':Matbird)
 


I am all about creature comforts this year (well really every year if I am being honest)...luxurious throws and bedding...yes..I am a bit snobby in that area of my life...as I said earlier...it's all about  texture...and one of the most fabulous things in life is curling up in wonderful blanket or being hugged by sublime bedding....I am in the market for some new pieces...stay tuned...

             (Merci': NoPlaceLikeHome)

 

There are a number of things about this image that I find inspirational...and lovely...as I think about my outdoor spaces this year...anything that combines indoor/outdoor living in a creative way draws me right in....this wonderful curtain framing the doorway...perfection!

                                        (Merci': Stiwi)

See what I mean? This is my indoor/outdoor fantasy come to life....sleeping comfortably outdoors is one of life simplest but most fabulous offerings...

                                         (Merci': Sweetwitchy)


This is also on my "inspirational to do" list!


(Merci'Pinterest)


I thought I would round out these ruminations with an image that I think sums up my design philosophy for 2013..."Be Colorful, Be Bold...and take some Risks"....
  

                            (Merci': Pinterest)

                              Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you Emily!! I love the Boho vibe of so many of these spaces and the outdoor movie theatre ... would love to have that!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful things, Emily! I have become a tad obsessed with velvet - I'm toying with buying a gorgeous velvet sofa - but am hesitating because of my dog and cat ( the latter a 20lb Main Coon who loves nothing better than running his claws up and down soft surfaces!). Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!!
    I went crazy the other day and REMOVED all the crystal from my chandeliers! They were not on the chandeliers to begin with...(I added them for Bling!) Funny, they look better! Guess the "designers" knew better than I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good collect at here of Sofa's and i would like to thanks first of all to sharing this post and i will share it more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made your points in a smart way. I am impressed with how interesting you have been able to present this content. Thanks for sharing a nice information. Do support us
    BSC Interior Design Colleges in Chennai
    BSC Interior Design Colleges in Bangalore
    Fashion Designing Colleges In Bangalore
    Interior Design Courses In Chennai
    Fashion Designing Courses In Chennai

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...